|and Action! |
Image from Behind the Scenes of Casual
Casual has a few strengths that every video needs. These are:
- good writing
- good acting or on-screen personalities
- good technical production crew
- a production team with drive
One added bonus:
- Beauty-Full locations
In the words of the Director, Jay Diaz and Cinematographer, Tony Joun the shooting style was "dirty" or "guerrilla" to portray a realism or feel of the audience spying on the relationship.
The production has been described as "low budget" with a lot of:
- handheld or Steadicam usage
- no lighting set up; just natural light & the use of reflectors
- on-location shoots
- A skeleton crew of Producer, Director, Cinematographer, 2 Starring Actors and few featured cast.
In spite of these limitations the quality of the series cannot be denied just watch this series trailer and you too will get sucked into the the drama of Casual.
After the critical acclaim of Casual the series it was made into a feature film and is now on the Film Festival Circuit!